Not sure how many people have seen this Denise Richards: It's Complicated...
Um, raise your hand?
If you are watching it in America (that's Australian for "The U.S."), I feel bad for you, because they probably bleep out all the bad words- which really make the show. You can only imagine how much better it is on E! in Australia-- with all of the swearing, which gives you a real sense of the many facets of Denise. That biatch has quite a mouth on her.
Okay, whether or not you've had the pleasure of "getting to know the real Denise"-- there is something raw here. It's how each of us is a different person to the many people in our lives. If you are thinking "wtf" right about now, I feel ya. And no, I have not overdosed on Rescue Remedy or hit the pipe today-- I'm just putting this wild concept out there-- we mirror the people are we interacting with-- and we are different people with each of them. Even if you think you don't... listen now, and listen good-- you do.
- Mommy-- it's all: snuggles, kisses, DO NOT TOUCH THAT DISGUSTING TOILET SEAT IN THE PUBLIC BATHROOM, take your hand out of your mouth, don't touch your brother, if you walk nicely to the car I have teddy bears cookies waiting for you, how did I ever get so lucky to have two boys as cute as youuuuuu, stop kicking my seat- I'm trying to drive.
- Wife-- it's all barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen-- What? Aren't you too? Oh please.
- Executive Wife-- the wife you are when you're not alone with the man, who in the workplace is the man.
- Sister, she my girl.
- Friend to my old friends-- it's all: the girls and guys you can really be real with, my homies.
- Friend to my new friends-- it's all: preschool mummies (that's Australian for mommies) and playgrounds.
- Daughter-- blahbity, blah, blah, blah
- Cousin Girl- the person you are with extended family
- Phony Neighbor-- Um, no I don't really understand how you ripped out that wheelchair ramp because it was touching your driveway-- even though that girl in the wheelchair needs it get into her building-- but sure... I'll take in your mail for you. (Yes, that's a true story).
- CEO of Household Affairs- Um, yes-- if a bird shits on the bathmat that was hanging outside to dry-- we need to wash it again-- even if it was just washed (another true story).
Maybe sometimes all these facets of me come together as if we are all the same person, but other times I think if only the in-laws knew friend to old friends girl. Or if only, my sister could meet me as phony neighbor girl, I think she'd smack me in the head for taking in their mail.
Uh, I would too.
Obviously, this is complicated.
It wouldn't be right not to post a cute picture right about....now.
Update: June 30th- I hate this blog posting. I may delete it soon.
Update July 22nd- Still thinking about it.